- 80 g uncooked quinoa
- 200 ml coconut almond milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 20 g flaked almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Selection of fruit of choice
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook quinoa with coconut almond milk, add cinnamon, vanilla paste, coconut, almonds, salt, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.
- Simmer on medium heat 5-10 minutes until quinoa is soft creamy consistency. Add more milk if necessary.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with your favourite fruit such as selection of berries.
- Quinoa porridge can be made overnight and stored in refrigerator for a few days.
- Add an optional dollop of natural or coconut yogurt if you prefer it less dry
- Flax seeds are high in omega 3 and a rich dietary source of phytoestrogen
- Berries are high in antioxidants, rich in fibre and Vitamin C