Tasty Turmeric Latte
Looking for an alternative to coffee? Try this antioxidant rich Turmeric Latte.
Turmeric is used in Ayurvedic medicine as a digestive healing agent due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
1/4 tsp of cinnamon with food metabolises sugar up to 20 times better than without.
1 tsp fresh ginger has similar antioxidant levels as 1 cup of spinach.
- Prep Time15 min
- Total Time15 min
- Ready in15 min
- 200 ml coconut milk (or whole milk, almond milk)
- 100 ml water
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or 2 cm fresh ginger root)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or 2 cm fresh turmeric root)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (or fresh ground preferable)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
This Turmeric Latte can be served either cold or hot.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Method 1: Serve cold over ice.
Method 2: Warm up in a small sauce pan and pour into mugs. Sprinkle over more cinnamon or nutmeg to serve.