“I’m dedicated to empowering women to be the best they can be throughout their menopause journey.” – Sabrina Zeif, The Menopause Chef
About Sabrina Zeif – Founder of the Nutritional & Lifestyle Blog The Menopause Chef
The Menopause Chef was started by me, Sabrina Zeif, an innovative chef with over 25 years’ experience working in pharmaceuticals and health education. Even with my background, menopause hit me like a ton of bricks! I wasn’t prepared at all and spent the first years floundering.
I felt far too young to be going through such a big life change. The recommended recipes and eating plans felt limiting, and there was a lack of community and professional support. Not to mention the mass of incredibly scary information on the web telling us just how much my life was going to fall apart!
Combined with the fact that society still thinks that we shouldn’t openly talk about menopause left me feeling confused and isolated. It then dawned on me that menopause is still a taboo.
I’ve now made it my mission to help other women by empowering them with the right information to understand that menopause is just a life transition that should be embraced.
Together we can do this!
How I can help you and how we can help each other!
A bit more about me
Here’s a bit more about me and where I’ve come from:
- Born in Trinidad, my Caribbean roots sparked my love of flavourful international food.
- Series on Simply Good Food TV.
- Presented at food festivals and events across the UK.
- Featured on the cover of Delicatessen Magazine.
- Winner of 2016 Business Woman of the Year – Acquisition International, Influential Business Woman Awards.
- 2017 Finalist Food Judge – The Grocers Own Food Awards, Quality Food Awards.
- Over 25 years experience working with healthcare professionals in health education in the pharmaceutical industry in New Orleans, San Francisco, Trinidad and the UK.
- A degree in Biochemistry from the A&M University, Texas.
- Additional education has included:
- Diet Specialist Nutrition Course – Online Nutrition training course. AfN Certified Levels 3 and 4, CPD Service Accredited from Organisation : Diet Specialist
- Women’s Health Practitioner Diploma – Online City Training
- Nutritional Therapist Course – Level 5, Professional Diploma from The Health Science Academy
- Founder of Kitchen Thyme which offers bespoke Cajun Caribbean culinary experiences.
Launched the Kitchen Thyme UK spice range in 2017.