Mangoes add a whole new flavour dimension to a simple salad. Who said salads should be boring! It’s easy to make with fresh ingredients and a few seeds. Feel free to make substitutions so use this recipe as a base to create your own variations. I like to add freshly ground black pepper for a spicy complicated flavour.
Mangoes are packed with flavour and loaded with nutrients. 1 cup =100 calories, 100% daily Vitamin C, 35% daily Vitamin A and 12% daily fibre. Bean Sprouts are filled with fibre, virtually fat free and high in Vitamin C.
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 half ripe mango (cubed)
- 5 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 spring onions (diagonally sliced)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
- handful coriander leaves (chopped)
- mild chilli (finely diced or chilli flakes optional )
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (for thai flavour substitute fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger (finely grated)
- pinch of salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients into large bowl and toss together.Whisk or blend the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over just before serving.